Fairy lights, garlands and cactus

Monday, November 12, 2012

Saturday night was our not quite Christmas party and our parties sure have changed since the little miss was born. We had an early start time, a baby area (!) where Lulu and her three friends played and everyone had gone home by midnight (even the ones without kids) & to tell you the truth, I was ready for bed by then too...

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket








We may have bit off a bit more than we could chew with the BBQ. I was exhausted by the end of the evening. What with preparing the house, making salads, getting drinks, feeding Lulu, dinner, giving her a bath, getting her to bed, finishing off the salads, serving food, clean up, it all was a bit much. Nick helped of course and so did some of our friends, but there wasn't that time just to kick back. 


Have your parties changed since having kids? It might get a little easier once the babies are bigger & don't need us so much to help them play. However next year we should just host an after 8 cocktail party like last year. Then everyone can get a babysitter & relax. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
PS Am still learning to use the DSLR on manual. 
PPS The Big Fringe Garland I made using a DIY Tutorial from Oh Happy Day
The Tassel Garland I made using a DIY Tutorial from The Sweetest Occasion

2 comments :

  1. Cute streamers..did you make those yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did make them myself & I updated the post to include the links to the blogs whose DIY instructions I used.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...